[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: distropia

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:39:45 +0100 CET

"Chira, Valentin" <Chira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> there... The biggest problem of haiku is not the distros right
> now..the
> problem is that a lot of people would help the project but don't know
> how..nobody knows really what's the status of the whole project , no
> one can
> figure out if R1 will come this year or in 5 years. I think it would
> be

What do you think is the "news" part for on our website? Or the "status
report" (only the media kit's status is really incorrect), or even the
CVS commit messages and open team tasks?
Things like "you can now boot Haiku natively" and "the registrar is
working which means that we can run almost all command line
applications" should give you a pretty good idea where we are.
But still, we can't tell you when we'll be ready as we are an open
source project without any paid developers - we cannot make such a
prediction. I'd be surprised if we didn't have something somewhat
usable this year, but even then, it could still take like forever until
R1 will come out as official release.

Bye,
   Axel.