[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: Haiku Bootscreen

  • From: "Mathew Schofield" <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:23:49 +1000

On 6/21/07, André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I used to need such a bootloader to boot from the CD on my Pentium
133; it was called XOSL (now folded into Ranish's (of Ranish Partition
Manager fame) site): http://www.ranish.com/ ; and it did that by
including Smart Boot Manager (http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/ ; site
somewhat broken, but individual HTML files still work fine).

All GPL'd code. I don't know if we have a bootman replacement yet (and
judging from some superficial digging of the sources tree, we don't),
but this might be a good place to start in case we don't.

Sorry to go off-topic, but as a note: If you want a (Or to create a) boot
manager, you
can also look at GAG (The Graphical Boot Manger) for inspiration (And
code, it's GPL too).

http://gag.sourceforge.net/

--
Thank You,