[haiku] AW: Re: Full-time Haiku users?

  • From: "Ronny Wisor" <RonnyWisor@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 23:50:25 +0200

Hi Cian,

>There shouldn't be any, but if anyone finds any, let me know. From my time
'maintaining' VLC for BeOS, most regressions appeared in formats I never
used and >had nothing to test with!
>Cian

This version of VLC doesn´t play any sound in .mp4 video files. But there is
sound ? even the native Haiku mediaplayer can play these files correct. ;)

By the way does anybody know why Haiku does strange things like:

1. sometimes there is no sound (randomly not reproducible)

2. sometimes USB isn´t working (input devices, pen drives, hard disks)
(randomly not reproducible)
3. sometimes after disconnecting a USB device it´s not recognized the second
time (randomly not reproducible)

4. sometimes the keyboard isn´t working (randomly not reproducible)

5. after Haiku booted up from hard disk and I lauched the installer to
install Haiku on an external drive and unpluged it while it´s copying I get
KDL (this is reproducible on three different PCs) I know I souldn´t do it?
:)
6. It takes a very long time to finish a new installation from the current
hard disk installation to an external drive. During this process the
installation process stops and the ?progress bar window? disappears but
Haiku isn´t completely installed.  (this is reproducible on three different
PCs)

1,2,3,4,5,6 apply to a Dell Mini 10v

5,6 apply to Mainboard Asus P5QPro
5,6 apply to EeePC 701

There is no hardware problem on these machines.

If more information is needed please let me know.

Many thanks to all developers for making Haiku possible.

Best regards
Ronny