[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Deskbar menu and Menu key

  • From: André Braga <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:13:08 -0300

Dude, you're the only one complaining about that.

Besides, Haiku will *never* succeeed if it limits itself to copycating Windows.
Not many Linux software uses the equivalent Windows shortcuts.
NO Mac OS software ever used Windows keystrokes for shortcuts.
Actually BeOS' shortcuts are mostly modelled after Mac OS' ones.

And, to be honest, very few Windows users (in the sense that 5-10% is
still just a small amount in any order of magnitude, even if it means
dozens of millions ini this case) are going after Haiku anyway. And if
they can't give THIS up (in the sense that Windows did everything in
contrary of every other contemporary OS), then I really don't think
they're ready to switch to *any* other OS since most of them don't
follow the Windows HIG (which includes -- you guessed it! --
"standard" keyboard shortcuts).

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:56:34 +0200, Chira, Valentin
<chira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> screw up all other users for that ? hmm... the peoples that should BeOS or
> discover BeOS come from Windows world like I did and the shortcuts from BeOS
> are just damn frustrating... Plus not many peoples will have just haiku
> installed so switching between Windows and Haiku should be very smooth coze
> otherwise haiku will fly out and not windows..lets be realistic here.

build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning"
Rich Cook