[openbeos] A note to file system writers

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BeDevTalk" <bedevtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"OpenBeOS" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 02:06:38 +0100 CET

Hi,

with the help of Ingo Weinhold, I've located a bug in several file
systems. File systems that don't have a ".." entry for their root level
directory will cause BEntry::GetPath() to fail on Dano and Zeta.
In Tracker, you can see the outcome of this bug when the single window
browsing mode is activated with the navigator bar: the path name will
be lost when you enter a directory level higher than 3.

Known to be affected are ftpfs by Michael Pfeiffer and beserved by
Teldar Inc. (to whom I forwarded this message, too).

Bye,
   Axel.