[openbeos] Jam 2.5rc3

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOS <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:09:04 +0100

Howdy,

as those subscribed to the CVS mailing list will already have realized, I
have imported the latest version of Jam, 2.5rc3. The respective tag is
`jam_2_5_rc3'. Since all the fixes from our `JAM2_4_VANILLA_FIXES' branch
have been incorporated by the jam maintainer, this official version can be
used unchanged.

As with jam 2.4, the official version is considered save to be run in the
root directory of our tree (i.e. in `current') only (even if it might work
as expected in almost all other dirs). There's again an `enhanced' version
in the CVS HEAD, which, among other changes, always reads the whole Jamfile
tree and is therefore save to be run from anyplace in the tree.

Since there were several non-trivial conflicts when merging in the 2.5
changes (and I apparently messed a few things up :-), the HEAD version was
broken till this day. I fixed the bugs I encountered, but it might still
have others. So, feel free to use it, but be warned. If you encounter
problems, please drop me a mail. Thanks.

CU, Ingo

PS: Until now, there have been made no changes to the build system that
require jam 2.5. So 2.4 is still save to be used.