[openbeos] Re: 4-clause BSD license

  • From: Ar18@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 05:49:25 +0000

I'm a free source purist (MIT/BSD/public domain), so people think I'm probably
crazy when I talk about the GPL.

So, anyways, does the license mean that if you integrate some GPL code into
your project (whether it be a self contained library or not), then your entire
project that uses that GPL code must be GPLed?  However, if you simply take a
program that was GPLed (whether you worked on it and made a new program out of
it or not) and distributed it along with other stuff that was not GPLed, then
the other stuff would not have to be GPLed in the distribution?

Rather difficult .... I guess I need to find someone who really understands the
license and ask them (and maybe post back here).

From: "Jonas Buckner" <MouriceNo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>