[openbeos] Re: 4-clause BSD license

  • From: "Jonas Buckner" <MouriceNo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 01:17:17 -0400

If the GPL did that, it would conflict with parts 1 and 9 of the open
source definition, with which it complies.

Part 2b only applies to the portion of the code that was originally
released under the GPL.

All that having GPLed code in our tree should is prevent redistributors
from closing the source to those portions of Haiku.

While this may not be the most desirable situation (since a few of us
are MIT/BSD purists :), it certainly won't require a GPLed distribution
of Haiku.

That's been my understanding of it, anyway. Feel free to make fun of me
if I'm wrong.

-- Jonas B.