[haiku] Re: 1366x768 on nvidia geforce 310M

  • From: "Clemens Zeidler" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:38:14 +1300

think it depends on the chipset but you can try it, its the best way to get into it!

        Clemens

Am 21.01.2011, 08:28 Uhr, schrieb Paulo Estrela <paulojbe@xxxxxxxxx>:

I was thinking about insert a pci id for my gpu on
http://haiku.it.su.se:8180/source/xref/src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/graphics/nvidia/driver.c

Could it work?

Até mais,

Paulo Estrela

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Paulo, the Vesa driver asks the BIOS for the supported screen resolution
list, and if the video card incorrectly informs the BIOS, there is nothing the Vesa driver can do to work around it. I've got the same problem with my
MacBookPro.  However, on my nVidia 8800GT with a Vesa driver, I get the
native LCD resolution.

Until Haiku gets a native nVidia driver, there is not much you can do
(well, other than nagging nVidia, nagging your BIOS manufacturer, writing
the driver yourself or supporting a developer).

Cheers.

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Paulo Estrela <paulojbe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Brian,

Yes... I found a file called /dev/graphics/vesa indicating that I'm using
vesa driver. I'm running Alpha2.

Thank you,

Paulo Estrela

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

I would imagine you have the VESA driver running, not the NVIDIA driver.

Which build of Haiku are you running?

Brian Hague