[haiku] Is Haiku ready for (home-studio) sound edition?

  • From: Marcio Frayze David <mfdavid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:27:44 -0200

Hi all. I use Linux (Ubuntu) to record my sounds (eletric Roland drumkit,
guitar, base and vocals) but I'm realy unhappy with the experience. It just
don't work well. I'm using Audacity to record, but I get many sound
problems, the OS does not work well with my sound cards (one internal and
one external)... I tried some other programs and they have the same
problems.

Before I install a "native" Haiku installation (I just used it under VMware)
I would like to know: is Haiku ready for simple sound edition? Is there a
good hardware (audio) support? What (free and open, if possible) softwares
should I use? I don't want anything too complex, just want to record on
multiple tracks, that's all.

Thanks in advance.
Marcio F. David