[haiku-web] Re: Website and Trac migration

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:29:45 -0700

Howdy,

Niels Reedijk wrote:
Hi Axel,

2008/4/29, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

 > BTW, I want to wait for a stable Trac version before migrating
 > servers, which will probably be released around the mid of may. So
 > that's when we can move Trac as well.

Do you think the current beta is less stable than what we have now?

Honestly, I don't think it would matter much. If a migration is needed
soon, then I'm fine with using a pre-release version.

Other than that it would be nice if the new version of Trac addressed the memory leak that is currently making our Trac so slow, there are probably no pressing technical or practical reasons why we need to migrate soon.

However, after all Scott @ ICS has done for us, much of it at our request, I think we should make an effort to show our reciprocity for his time and effort, and try to start using the resources that he made available to us sooner rather than later. I personally feel bad that he is asking us for updates and we barely respond to him (but maybe it's just me).

Cheers,

Koki