[haiku-web] Re: Website and Trac migration

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 20:33:05 -0700

Hi Niels,

Niels Reedijk wrote:
Well, here's a preview of a status update I was about to give everyone
later today.

2008/4/28, Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
 I am getting ready to test the Drupal installation on one of the servers
that ICS made available to us, and was wondering what the status of Trac
with regards to the migration to the new server was.

The new server is almost ready for Trac. It actually already runs an
installation of a vanilla Trac 0.11b2. I just want to ask Gavin if he
could go over the configuration and see whether it needs a bit more
security

 Is it OK to migrate the website to a different server without affecting
Trac? If not, can we coordinate an action plan?

Well, two things that matter. First of all, there's the shared login.
I already started working on an implementation for
account.haiku-os.org. However, that needs more time. I am planning to
get Axel involved a bit later. As an in-between sollution, we can keep
a copy of the current Drupal user table on the Trac server.

How do you plan to keep the DB copy in sync, so that new website users can also login to Trac right away?

I do not
know how many 'new' users log in every week, but before
account.haiku-os.org is operational, we can use this structure and
manually add new users on request.

Although user registration tends to come in waves (several people a day after conferences, slashdot, etc.), right now it is kind of quiet and we get a few new registrations a week.

There was another thing, but it is not yet relevant now, so I will
stay clear from that.

???

BTW, I want to wait for a stable Trac version before migrating
servers, which will probably be released around the mid of may. So
that's when we can move Trac as well.

OK. For now then I will install Drupal and configure the installation on the new server. Once I have reached a point where it is working well, I will let you guys know and we can take it from there.

There are DNS and email issues that need to be addressed too, and for those I will need the help of Gavin.

Cheers,

Koki