[haiku-web] Re: Upcoming: Migration of dev.haiku-os.org

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 14:22:05 +0000

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > I can confirm a), I'll have a look at b) tomorrow, but I believe DH
>> > is
>> > pretty good with this stuff.
>
> To correct myself: DH currently only seems to sport FastCGI, but one
> can vote to include either mod_python or mod_wsgi -- any preference
> between those two?

mod_python is what Niels uses on both webfaction and scott's personal server.

Fast CGI is an alternative, but from what I've read it isn't as
strong-performing as mod_python / mod_wsgi

quote:
Despite its name, the "Fast CGI" solution is often quite a bit slower
than mod_python or mod_wsgi. Try the TracModPython or TracModWSGI
installation. Changing from fcgi to mod_python/mod_wsgi can easily
give an order of magnitude (n*10) increase in performance.
:etouq [1]

Having said that, I've no idea if DH+fastCGI would outperform
webfaction+mod_python

[1] - http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracFaq#Tracseemstorunveryslowly