[haiku-web] Re: Trick to annotate the BeBook

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:04:49 -0500

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Would it be legally ok to add comment support to the legacy bebook (the
> Access one) via a html frame trick?
> That is, putting the unmodified bebook in a frame, and the corresponding
> comments / erratas / addendum in another frame.
> Twisted but why not?

I don't even think it is that twisted, plus I'm not even sure if
Access would care about us adding comments or addendum in general. I
just think they don't want us taking the old BeBook and using that for
a HaikuBook.

I think this is a good idea and another approach would be JavaScript
code that appends comments to the page. Sort of a BeBook + commenting
mash-up.

--
Regards,
Ryan