[haiku-web] Re: My blog post about Florida Linux Show 2009

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 03:54:22 +0000

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 2:59 AM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nice report. It looks like from your "slides" that you gave a very
> dynamic presentation; I like the style. :)

Yeah I've done that sort of presentation 3 times now, and I think it
works pretty well. This particular presentation was a modified version
of one I gave at a local Web Monday meetup. The style is inspired by a
somewhat similar style that Lawrence Lessig uses. I think I will
continue to use this style for any informational talks, but I want to
develop another style for more demo-oriented talks.

> Don't know if you have any photos from the event, but if you do, perhaps
> adding one or two to the post would help readers visualize what the
> event and place looked like.

I went to all the trouble to borrow my girlfriend's nicer camera but
didn't even remember to take it out, so I don't personally have any
pictures. I could try to get some if anyone else took some.

> PS: is "spacebar" really one word?

I think it can be space bar or spacebar, but the former is probably
more correct. I went ahead and changed it since I'm a spelling
perfectionist. I also promoted the post to the front page since
everyone seems to think it looks good.

--
Regards,
Ryan