[haiku-web] Re: Drupal 5 + Design considerations

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:52:33 +0200

Hi Austin,

2008/6/10 Austin Bales <arbales+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I know I've been more of a reader and less of a writer to the lists for a
> while, but since I've been reading that you are moving to Drupal 5 (yay)  I
> thought it might be alright to offer a few opinions (so stop reading if you
> don't like unsolicited opinions).

No need to apologize for offering an opinion. Many of the great things
about the Haiku project once started as someone voicing an opinion. I
should be careful how I word the next section. I've grown fond of the
current website theme, nevertheless, I understand where you are coming
from with the criticism you are voicing. I read through all your
comments, and I can relate to several of them.

I'm curious how your suggestions translate to the real world. The
current website needs to balance between an entrance portal for
newbies of Haiku, as well as an interface to the vast amount of data
on Haiku for non-devs, devs, users and geeks.

There is currently no designer working on our theme, which is a pity.
based on the suggestions you have offered, I would like to challenge
you to lead us that modern, bright look. Impress us! If you are up to
it, I can give you access to the source of the current theme, and I'll
try to set up an appropriate testing environment for you.

I promise you, we are a tough crowd to please, but we are always open
for new inspirations.

Let me know what you think about that.

Kind regards,

Niels