[haiku-web] Re: Drupal 5 + Design considerations

  • From: "Remi Grumeau" <remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:11:21 +0200

You make me hungry folks :-)

Really, can we talk about design here really ? Just go on Haiku-OS.org
index, scroll to the middle of the page and look at what you have on
screen: text. Why ? To me, 'cause too much infos is present for a
homepage. All tags, author name, and icons (slashdots, google, ...)
have nothing to do on a homepage. A post introduction shouldn't be
more than 5 or 6 lines, and be seperate graphiquely (OSNews homepage
is a good example for that). The 'upcoming event' block have too much
information in it, on different margin levels ( :-s ). Why a so small
search button and why a button instead of a search input ? .... and
why 3 menus ? (orange one on top, center and the block on the right).
All of those points are my 0,02€ only.

Just said all this cause i think the first thing to do is not changing
graphics, but rethink about what i really important on each page. Less
content often brings simplicity. What i see on Haiku-os.org is a
website that has grown step by step, with each time, more infos to put
(that's totally normal and that's a situation that can be seen on a
lot of websites). As a result, it's a bit messy.

Nope ?