[haiku-inc] Re: Ohio Linuxfest 2012

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 17:00:12 -0400

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Other than that, I'll inquire if we can get a spot on
> <http://ohiolinux.org/sponsors> under the Additional Sponsors section,
> as I suspect we would qualify for that section.

I got word back that we can indeed get added, so I resized "HAIKU logo
- black on transparent - tiny.png" from the repository to a 120 px
width like all the other logos on that page.  I will send that resized
file along with a copy of the original, in case they'd rather just
upload that and rely on HTML to do the resizing (like they already
do).

> That said, is there any text we
> would want there?  I think something along the lines of what FreeBSD
> has in their section would be appropriate.  I think we'd need
> something a bit more wordy than the short blurb we have on our
> homepage though.

The text under the "What is Haiku?" section of our About page
<http://www.haiku-os.org/about> seems like it would be sufficient,
although another sentence or two could always be nice if we'd like to
say anything more.  Any thoughts/ideas?

- joe