[haiku-inc] Re: Ohio Linuxfest 2012

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 15:02:40 -0400

Just to let everyone know, Haiku is officially registered for Ohio
LinuxFest 2012.  The total cost for the conference was 100 USD, as the
conference fee went up from 75 dollars to 100 dollars for Dot Orgs.  I
decided this would be okay, but if Haiku, Inc. decides it doesn't want
to cover this additional cost, I'll just make up the difference myself
upon receiving compensation for the other expenses.  Also, since Haiku
was one of the first 12 Dot Orgs to register for the conference, we'll
get free electricity (which normally costs somewhere between 65 and
100 dollars through the convention center).

Here is the Event page I set up on our site:
http://www.haiku-os.org/conference/2012_ohio_linuxfest_2012

Other than that, I'll inquire if we can get a spot on
<http://ohiolinux.org/sponsors> under the Additional Sponsors section,
as I suspect we would qualify for that section.  If so, I can generate
an appropriate PNG for the page.  That said, is there any text we
would want there?  I think something along the lines of what FreeBSD
has in their section would be appropriate.  I think we'd need
something a bit more wordy than the short blurb we have on our
homepage though.

- joe