[haiku-inc] Re: Adding Haiku to GoodSearch?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 18:21:54 -0400

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Eh... it would be cool if we could choose alternative search engines,
> but I wouldn't change it to the default at this point

For what it is worth (and that probably isn't much at this point), the
above has been on my Web+ TODO list for many years. The easy version
probably isn't too hard, but the proper version should include support
for loading new search engines using OpenSearch:

http://www.opensearch.org/Home

The prospect of supporting that (and parsing XML) is the main thing
which has caused me to procrastinate, but it probably would not be
that hard in the end.

--
Regards,
Ryan