[haiku-gsoc] Re: Fwd: Re: [HCD08] ICMP error handling & propagation project

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 18:46:11 +0200 CEST

"Yin Qiu" <allenchue@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks! In case you are wondering why you haven't heard back yet:
> > I'm
> > currently sick, but I'm feeling better every day.
> Hope you'll get well soon.

I'm almost there, thanks.
In any case, I just tried to apply your patch, but it doesn't even
compile anymore, here.
I manually needed to create an ipv4.h header to make it compile. You
definitely need to take more care when preparing a patch; it's quite
annoying to have to manually alter a patch to make it compile, and it
puts a bad light on the work itself.

I've played a bit around with the test apps now, and I couldn't
determine if it's working, at least I can't see a change from the
outside when using those apps.
In any case, after having applied your changes, and pinging it from the
outside, Haiku will soon crash in the ARP timer (at different places).
Looks like you need to spend some more time on this.

Bye,
   Axel.