[haiku-doc] Re: small diff for USB3.dox

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:44:42 +0200

Hi Tim,

[Here it is ;-)]

2009/10/1 Tim Howe <timh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:47:12 +0200
>        As you can see, the third block (the one I changed) is the odd man
> out.  So, is one form wrong and one form correct?  If so, which?  If they are
> both correct, perhaps there is an easy explaination for what to look for in
> the
> future to understand why?  Drivers are far from my specialty.

They are both correct but the file is inconsistent in this respect.

>> > Also, I don't think I understand why these have a see also; it just
>> > seems to create redundant links.  Is there a convention here I don't
>> > understand.  I have to admit I don't have any Doxygen experience...
>>
>> Well, with the intention of sounding harsh, I would suggest you first
>> start by reading the Doxygen documentation and the examples
>> (doxygen.org) and Haiku's API documentation guidelines
>> (http://factory.haiku-os.org/documentation/Haiku_Book_doxygen/html/apidoc.html).
>
>        I did consult the Doxygen documentation in my efforts to understand
> this.  Specifically what I am talking about is that the above \see lines point
> to the same data that gets linked to anyway.  They say "this is
> usb_configuration_info, see also usb_configuration_info".  The links created
> in
> the html output are the same.  I am trying to understand the redundancy.

It must have worked some time. The idea is that they link to the
actual struct documentation.

This is a limitation of Doxygen, it has an option to optimize output
for C, but it can only operate on a complete data set. We are not able
force it to optimize (ie drop the typedefs) for these headers.