[haiku-doc] Re: how to register?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:28:44 -0700

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 12:30 +0200, Humdinger wrote:
> -- Jimmy Olsson, on Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:37:24 +0200:
> > How can I register on http://userguide.haikuzone.net so i can start
> > working?
>
> The site isn't totally operational yet. Vincent will give us the word
> when it is.
> As we don't want just anyone to hack around in the user guide, there'll
> be no on-site registration.

This needs to be documented as part of the workflow for candidate
translators.

> I suggest, logins will be handed out by the
> respective language managers (who'll contact Vincent directly) after
> they have evaluated the application.

Why not trust creating accounts to a wider pool of people (say, a few
admins + the language managers), so that people who request an account
can get it faster?

Also, shouldn't familiarity with HTML be a requirement, at least for
language managers?

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki