[haiku-doc] Re: User Guide: Adding new language

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:19:44 +0100

-- Niels Reedijk, on Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:21:48 +0100:
> > " * Find at least one more dedicated translator. It's really too
> > much
> > work for one alone."
>
> I agree with the minimum of two. It is not only because the
> translating is more likely to succeed, but also because every new
> translation requires energy and work by you (and others) in setting
> things up, and getting people on their way. It is unwise to invest
> this time in efforts that might not succeed.

OK, I agree. So, to first enforce this rule, Rudyk Olexandr, if you're
reading this, please find some more Uki volunteers first and introduce
yourselves here. After that all the other stuff mentioned at "Starting
a new translation" at http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/i18n/UserGuide can
proceed.

Should have it that way from the start and we would have added the
Hungarian, Indonesian and Japanese column only when the conditions were
met...
If there isn't any progress for these translations in a few more weeks,
I'll propose to at least remove their columns on the tool site. It's
unnecessarily cramped there...

Thanks!

Regards,
Humdinger