[haiku-doc] Re: Revert doxygen to version 1.7.6

  • From: Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 22:35:46 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would it be possible to revert the doxygen version used on the server
> to build the Haiku Book to 1.7.6 (latest version of 1.7.x branch).
>
> 1.8.0 introduced some nice new features which unfortunately break our
> documentation. Most of the problems can be fixed by turning off
> Markdown support. Markdown is cool but it introduces a whitespace
> dependency that we never had before which has broken stuff.
>
> However, there are a few problems that cannot be so easily fixed.
> 1.8.0 no longer indents code blocks so all code blocks are flattened
> down each line starting all the way to the left margin. The only way
> to fix this that I've found is to change code blocks into verbatim
> blocks but then we lose syntax highlighting, so either way we lose
> something.

Isn't this a CSS issue?

> Given that the documentation is broken on 1.8.1 installed on the
> server right now can we revert to 1.7.6 for the time being? We can
> update the code to look good and then update to the 1.8.x branch again
> later on.

Yes, or not. I still want to see whether switching to the wiki
approach will work. I am sort of stuck on finding a roadmap right now.
I would also like to think about how we approach things like
organizing functions and creating navigation.

Will we use header files as package containers (which is not really a
C++ convention, nor a Haiku one), or will we just use a liberal way of
organizing it? Like putting all the support kit functions on one page?

Anyway, I will try to downgrade the server to 1.7.6.