[haiku-doc] Revert doxygen to version 1.7.6

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 15:22:32 -0500

Would it be possible to revert the doxygen version used on the server
to build the Haiku Book to 1.7.6 (latest version of 1.7.x branch).

1.8.0 introduced some nice new features which unfortunately break our
documentation. Most of the problems can be fixed by turning off
Markdown support. Markdown is cool but it introduces a whitespace
dependency that we never had before which has broken stuff.

However, there are a few problems that cannot be so easily fixed.
1.8.0 no longer indents code blocks so all code blocks are flattened
down each line starting all the way to the left margin. The only way
to fix this that I've found is to change code blocks into verbatim
blocks but then we lose syntax highlighting, so either way we lose
something.

Given that the documentation is broken on 1.8.1 installed on the
server right now can we revert to 1.7.6 for the time being? We can
update the code to look good and then update to the 1.8.x branch again
later on.

Thanks,

John Scipione