[haiku-development] Re: video_mixer media node

  • From: David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 14:35:56 +1000

On 26 June 2010 13:40, sami vuokila <varjosanomat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've played around with video_mixer.. a few questions
>
> when I connect the mixer to mediaplayer output, the debug shows that it
> triggers MediaTrackVideoSupplier:: _SwitchFormat() making codec change
> colorspace (wreaking all kinds of havoc and stopping playback).

Negotiation on colourspace is supposed to occur.

> do you think is it feasible to make video_mixer to accept whatever color
> space it is offered off the bat so I wouldnt need to worry about the codec
> thats pushing out the frames?

That is the intention.  The mixer is supposed to do colour space
conversion on th input nodes to suit the output node.
Then mix all inputs to a single output.

Obviously the color conversion is not there yet.

> maybe the preferred way would be to modify the codec to push out B_RGB32
> (internal format of the video_mixer) to avoid multiple colorspace
> conversions. but for testing i wouldnt mind doing it on the video_mixer side
> I guess.

If you modify the Video Consumer node to only accept B_RGB32 then that
should force the codec to fall back to B_RGB32.

> another question, yep there's more, how can i get debug output from
> video_mixer.media_addon? cant start it from the terminal.

Run Cortex from the terminal, the addon is loaded into it's process
space and outputs to it's stdout.

--
Cheers
David