[haiku-development] video_mixer media node

  • From: sami vuokila <varjosanomat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:40:30 +0900

I've played around with video_mixer.. a few questions

when I connect the mixer to mediaplayer output, the debug shows that it
triggers MediaTrackVideoSupplier:: _SwitchFormat() making codec change
colorspace (wreaking all kinds of havoc and stopping playback).

do you think is it feasible to make video_mixer to accept whatever color space
it is offered off the bat so I wouldnt need to worry about the codec thats
pushing out the frames?

maybe the preferred way would be to modify the codec to push out B_RGB32
(internal format of the video_mixer) to avoid multiple colorspace conversions.
but for testing i wouldnt mind doing it on the video_mixer side I guess.

another question, yep there's more, how can i get debug output from
video_mixer.media_addon? cant start it from the terminal.

cheers,
sami