[haiku-development] Re: reviving R1/Alpha2 & R1 Final discussions.

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:19:38 -0700

> As a reminder, when rebuilding the packages, it'd be much preferred to
> archive the patched sources too.

The -z or --archive Haikuporter options will do just that.

> I've been thinking .. maybe it's possible for HaikuPorter to generate
> the .OptionalPackageDescription file on-the-fly. The individual .beps
> could be extended to include that information. This would then help to
> auto-generate the SourceURL: Text <url> fields.

Sounds like a good idea.  Open a trac ticket on HaikuPorts for that,
that may require adding some new fields to the .bep files, but would
also ease updates as we'd only need to create a new .bep file for each
new version, rather than a .bep file and the
OptionalPackageDescription file.

-scottmc