[haiku-development] Re: replacing runtime_loader

  • From: Tim Kelly <gtkelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 09:06:27 -0400

Ingo Weinhold wrote:

You don't have to replace the complete haiku package. You can build a package that contains your runtime loader and deploy it in /system/packages. When your runtime_loader file's modified time is newer than the one of the system package, it will replace the latter.

In the package, where do I put runtime_loader? I have tried at the top level and within a folder system, but neither approach appears to replace /boot/system/runtime_loader when viewed by listimage. The docs only refer to non-system files.

Thanks!
tim

--
"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death."
                -- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.