[haiku-development] Re: moving to tuxfamily.org ?

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:27:09 -0300

Axel Dörfler escreveu:

http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/CodeReviews

I actually find a mailing list much more compelling for this one.

With a code review tool like this you can be both source files (the original and the modified one) at the same time (full files, not only the diffs) with the changes highlited and you are able to easilly make comments (and see comments made by others before you) on the entire file or on a single line or block of code. Even better, it can be configured to not allow commits directly to the main branch before code review is done. I use a similar tool every day with projects with millions of lines and I can tell you categorically that it does beat the hell out of trying to do this via email.

In any case, it was just a suggestion if we ever decide to switch project hosting.

-Bruno