[haiku-development] Re: missing stdc++ library symbol

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 14:39:05 -0700

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 01:02:04AM -0400, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > In the Csound sources, there is one (add-on) module that uses the
> > stdc++ list and vector mechanisms.  It compiles OK (gcc4), but when
> > the app tries to load it, it can't find the symbol:
> >
> >  _ZNSt15_List_node_base7_M_hookEPS_
> >

> I got a similar error when compiling some Haiku code on Haiku. When I
> replaced the system libstdc++.so with the one from GCC's directory the
> code then compiled, but this is really a hack.

I'm ending up pretty much confused here... (:-/)  I checked into my
various libraries, and I find the ones in /boot/develop/abi/x86/gcc4/lib
are just links to those in /system/lib/gcc4, so there's nothing to 'replace'
from there.  OTOH, I dug down into the build tree and found  libxxx++.so
in generated.x86gcc4/objects/haiku/x86/release/libs/stdc++/current/
which, when I replaced the ones in /system/lib/gcc4, did indeed fix the
problem!

I don't understand  where those libraries actually came from, though
 I don't see any sources in the tree, and they aren't in the gcc.4.4.4 zip
I have (via installoptionalpackage, I guess).  There are '.a' files in the
archive,
but I think they match the vintage of the other older ones, anyway

> The point is it is probably related to the issue Ingo mentioned.
>
> I'm not sure which one you just looked at, but this one is still open:
>
> https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7824

I read that one as relevant to cross-compiling only, but I guess I'm
not sure of what's involved here.  The (closed) one I came across
is #5322.

Anyway, I guess it's solved now.  Just wish I understood why!

Thanks,
        -- Pete --