[haiku-development] Re: libiconv

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 18:38:40 +0200

2009/9/7, Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Haiku already includes a libiconv.  You shouldn't have to build a new
>  > one unless Haiku's is missing something ( not complete ).
>  > http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/libs/iconv
>

> I checked an Alpha image and appears that libiconv is not in
>  system/lib anymore.  Only location I saw it was in
>  common/lib.

I think it's an optional package. He only has it cause he has the dev
tools or anything else that depends on it. Autoconf (it might be just
mozilla's scripts) has a nasty tendency to link in libiconv whenever
it feels like, so it tends to get linked in as soon as you have it on
your system. So it can replicate and spread very fast just like a ...

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH