[haiku-development] Re: libiconv

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:44:36 -0600

> Seems libiconv is still broken.  Now when I try to run svn --version I
> get this error:
> ~/libiconv-1.13.1> svn --version
> runtime_loader: /boot/common/lib/libiconv.so.2.5.0: Could not resolve
> symbol 'locale_charset'
> resolve symbol "locale_charset" returned: -2147478780
> runtime_loader: /boot/common/lib/libiconv.so.2.5.0: Troubles
> relocating: Symbol not found
> ~/libiconv-1.13.1>
> What should I be looking for?

Haiku already includes a libiconv.  You shouldn't have to build a new
one unless Haiku's is missing something ( not complete ).
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/libs/iconv

libiconv gets linked into many libraries out there.  I believe even
itself ( it may be linking to Haiku libiconv ).  Or, more likely, svn
is trying to use Haiku's libiconv library and it is missing that symbol
which is built into your version.
(ie: if you have two of the same libraries, one in system & one in common
I assume the system is checked & used ).

Try:
1) Remove Haiku's libiconv and see if that works
2) Remove Haiku's libiconv & building with clean Haiku system and see what
happens.  libiconv should not link to any other libraries because it is one of
the first ones that has to be built.

Regards,

PS since libiconv is part of Haiku, you should get one of the developers to
update
it in Haiku repository.

Click less, chat more: Messenger on MSN.ca
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?77404