[haiku-development] jam has me messed up again

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:52:33 -0700

Sorry, but I seem to keep getting in trouble with the build system (:-()

I thought it would be a good idea to check that PatchBay builds
under gcc4, so I first tried just going into the patchbay source
(now under src/apps) doing 'setgcc gcc4' and then 'jam -q'.
This complained that HAIKU_STRIP was no set and I should
re-run configure.  Assuming that I could recover (:-/) by
resetting gcc2 and doing configure again, I did so.

Of course, going back to the patchbay folder and doing 'jam -q'
went off and rebuilt a whole raft of stuff, but ended up with a
bunch of undefined references thrying to link keymap [WTF did
it want to rebuild that?!]

So I decided to give up on that line, reset gcc2, did a configure
at the top level, and tried to rebuild patchbay.  It failed with just
about the same error!

I then did a 'jam-q clean' at the top level, and spent an hour doing
a complete rebuild.  Then went into patchbay again, and this time
it did build.  BUT IT DOESN'T RUN!  It complains about a missing
LayoutAlignment_9BCheckBox.

How do I recover a cleanly built system??  Do I have to delete
the generated folder and start over?

Thanks,

        -- Pete --