[haiku-development] Re: jam has me messed up again

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 21:17:25 -0700

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 08:52:33PM -0700, Pete Goodeve wrote:
> Sorry, but I seem to keep getting in trouble with the build system (:-()

And as usual I answer myself...

> I thought it would be a good idea to check that PatchBay builds
> under gcc4, [....]
>
> So I decided to give up on that line, reset gcc2, did a configure
> at the top level, and tried to rebuild patchbay.  It failed with just
> about the same error!
>
> I then did a 'jam-q clean' at the top level, and spent an hour doing
> a complete rebuild.  Then went into patchbay again, and this time
> it did build.  BUT IT DOESN'T RUN!  It complains about a missing
> LayoutAlignment_9BCheckBox.

OK -- the problem is that the systerm has changed under me,
so that symbol is in the build, but not in my year-old work system.
That's scary.

So my question changes a bit...  I don't really want to create
executables that won't run on older systems, so I'd like to
revert my  GIT tree back past the recent update.  Is this
possible?

        -- Pete --