[haiku-development] Re: intel_extreme LVDS support

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:34:14 +0200 (CEST)

> Hello all,
>
> Here is some basic support for LVDS screens used in many laptops with
with intel_extreme driver.

> -- Sidenote: Have there been any recent changes that lead to a page
fault at the disk icon?  I haven't been watching the change logs and now
get a page-fault on my Macbook that I didn't use to.  So if anyone has any
insight, please mention it.  Otherwise I'll re-hardcode the on- screen
debugging and take a look.  Darn USB keyboards :)

> It currently has a few limitations:
> * Poor multi-monitor support (if you have a VGA monitor also
> connected) it should negotiate a common resolution, but nothing of this
sort happens now.
> * Only single-link LVDS monitors are supported, not sure if this is
needed for higher resolutions laptops, but I should fix this anyways. *
Currently relies on the native video mode being passed in from the BIOS.
 No EDID, etc support, although most TFT's don't offer it
> anyways :)
>
> Anyways,
> I've tested it out on my Macbook (GMA950), as well as an older HP laptop
I have.
Finlay my i855 works. I still have a black board on top of the screen that
don't show up on a print screen.

nearly fixes (if the black thing in top can be removed it would fix my
problem)
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1299

related?
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2296

after some more testing it looks like the black top board are getting
updates when I move windows around (it's more gray dotted now.. or bad EGA
resolution)

I have also found out that I can stretch a window the same length out of
screen in the bottom as the black thing at the top.. so perhaps the screen
need to move up 0.5 - 1 cm

Nice work..

--
MVH