[haiku-development] intel_extreme LVDS support

  • From: Christopher Plymire <chrisply@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:39:44 -0400

Hello all,

Here is some basic support for LVDS screens used in many laptops with with intel_extreme driver.

-- Sidenote: Have there been any recent changes that lead to a page fault at the disk icon? I haven't been watching the change logs and now get a page-fault on my Macbook that I didn't use to. So if anyone has any insight, please mention it. Otherwise I'll re-hardcode the on- screen debugging and take a look. Darn USB keyboards :)

It currently has a few limitations:
* Poor multi-monitor support (if you have a VGA monitor also connected) it should negotiate a common resolution, but nothing of this sort happens now. * Only single-link LVDS monitors are supported, not sure if this is needed for higher resolutions laptops, but I should fix this anyways. * Currently relies on the native video mode being passed in from the BIOS. No EDID, etc support, although most TFT's don't offer it anyways :)

Anyways,
I've tested it out on my Macbook (GMA950), as well as an older HP laptop I have.

There should be minimal 'adverse' effects as the codepaths are separated from the old DAC code.

I'll try to touch up those minor points above in the next few weeks.

Regards,
Chris