[haiku-development] Re: installoptionalpackage source

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 17:23:07 -0500

On 6/12/2011 16:20, Cian Duffy wrote:

On 12 June 2011 21:41, Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Why isn't the source for installoptionalpaclage in the repot?

    It is in trunk/data/bin.

Because its a shell script??
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/data/bin/installoptionalpackage

Cian

Yes, I suppose that explains it perfectly, LOL!!

I was going to check, but then I forgot!

Oh well, been working on the package manager internals a bit today, I may make a functional demo in the coming days as a user-downloadable application to simplify the installation of those packages. If enough enthusiasm exists for the app I'll take the effort to separate it it out from LoonCAFE and make a full-fledged package manager front-end.

The client-side app is the easy part, IMHO, the hard part is the collaboration involved in the details.

--The loon