[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-web] Re: Re: alpha release window ?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 20:02:19 -0700

Howdy,

Matt Madia wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 21:22, Axel Dörfler<axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, what exactly is missing, what should be done on the website? We
>> should make a detailed list of this, make a schedule, and try to find
>> someone doing each job.
>>

> There's two aspects to consider... the current Drupal 5 installation
> and the off-site Drupal 6 upgrade.  As I'm not actively contributing
> to the D6 upgrade, ill speak only about the D5 current site.

The migration to Drupal is progressing, but since it is a major upgrade
with some radical changes being made to content types, it is most likely
going to require some tedious manual work, so it is not something that
can be done in an hour or two. We will most likely schedule a full
weekend to work on it while the live website is put into read-only mode.

BTW, *if* you guys want the upgraded website with the new theme going
live on the same date of the alpha release, then there needs to be a
firmer release date. Without a firm(er) release date, it is nearly
impossible to schedule the work that needs to be done.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki