[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-web] Re: Re: alpha release window ?

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 19:28:55 +0200

Matt Madia wrote:
[SNIP]
if i understand correctly, such a system could be used to create
OptionalPackages in haiku/3rdparty
This would allow us to maintain a dedicated machine to generate all of
the OptionalPackages at the same time.

I know this is a bit of a tall order, but would this be useful for R1/alpha1 ?
I would say yes, if we're planning to advertise loudly the availability of these optional packages. The quality of these packages will be _as important_ to an end user as the core Haiku image that they might start out with. Any problems installing these optional packages, or any major problems working with them, will put people off.

All IMHO ofcourse....

Ithamar.