[haiku-development] Re: firewire problems

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:36:02

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Stefano
> Ceccherini<stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Please do.
>
> +1 unless someone plans on looking into and fixing it in the very
> short term.

I have quickly looked over the part that installs the interrupt
handler. While it does do a PCI read config call instead of just re-
using the already present value in u.h0.interrupt_line of the pci_info,
it looks fine to me. I have a laptop here that has an ipw2100 wireless
device in it which is also advertised at the wrong interrupt line. I've
implemented a setting in the ipw2100 driver to force a certain
interrupt line, because I don't see a way how this could be solved
differently. Since we do not do any PCI interrupt configuration, we are
pretty much out of luck if the PCI info gives us the wrong line number.

Regards
Michael