[haiku-development] Re: clang

  • From: Paul Davey <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 12:36:26 +1300

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Am 15.10.2010 12:13, schrieb Paul Davey:
> [...]
>>
>> Here is the file, it contains only the clang binary, the clang++ link
>> which is a relative link so that it works wherever you put it and the
>> few header files that clang needs for compilation.
>> I will put up a full set of llvm and clang libraries and binaries
>> soon, if anyone wants them just ask.
>>
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6414454/llvm%20and%20clang/clang.tar.xz
>
> I am interested in checking out building a private project of mine
> (WonderBrush rewrite) with Clang and comparing performance of certain code
> paths. What would be the instructions for temporarily replacing GCC 4 with
> your posted Clang binary in a "drop-in replacement" sort of way?
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

Should you still want to try it, you simply need to point whatever
build system at clang and clang++ instead of gcc and g++.
You then need to ensure you have set haiku to use gcc4.
Add -fno-use-cxa-atexit to the CXXFLAGS of your buildsystem, and it
should work, if there are any problems it would be nice to hear of
them.
Also note that clang is in most cases much stricter about standards so
some code that gcc accepts will not compile in clang, with good
reason.