[haiku-development] Re: bitmap scaling options

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:52:57 -0500

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Yet another possibility would be to add this to the BView flags. There is
> already B_SUBPIXEL_PRECISE which also influences the drawing.
>
> Just now I am thinking one could of course reserve the upper 16 bits or so
> of the bitmap flags for rendering options, while the lower 16 bits are
> creation options. Then a method could be added to change just the rendering
> options, which would make it clear that creation options can not be changed
> later. That idea may need the fewest adjustments to other code.

I think one of the major questions I'd have with respect to what API
approach to choose is if you want to be able to enable/disable this
without permanently affecting the contents of the bitmap itself, i.e.
do you want the filtering to happen at draw time, or should the actual
bits themselves be affected in the bitmap's storage. If you want on
the fly then I'd say probably the extra method to change the render
mode would be the way to go myself.

Regards,.

Rene