[haiku-development] bitmap scaling options

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:29:50 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to add the option of drawing bitmaps with filtering in the
most elegant way.

At first, I added a flag to BBitmaps. Later, this looked a bit out of place
to me, since those options previously only influenced bitmap creation.
BBitmap also does not have a method for changing the flags later, although
the flags are at least remembered and can be checked later.

Now I had the idea to simply add another BView::DrawBitmap[Async]() method
which takes options. But then I realized this may complicate things with
BPictures (flattened format not compatible anymore or needs extention).

Yet another possibility would be to add this to the BView flags. There is
already B_SUBPIXEL_PRECISE which also influences the drawing.

Just now I am thinking one could of course reserve the upper 16 bits or so
of the bitmap flags for rendering options, while the lower 16 bits are
creation options. Then a method could be added to change just the rendering
options, which would make it clear that creation options can not be changed
later. That idea may need the fewest adjustments to other code.

Any preferences/ideas on what may be the best approach?

Best regards,
-Stephan