[haiku-development] Re: Updated freebsd-compat and ipro1000 driver

  • From: "Michael Weirauch" <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:08:10 +0100

2009/1/14 Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> please find attached two patches for the freebsd-compat-lib and the
>> ipro1000/dev/em source
>> based on RELENG_7.
>
> I believe the update of freebsd drivers is first done to the vendor branch:
>
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/vendor/freebsd
>
> and then this can be used to determine what has actually changed
> between the haiku-utilized versions...

I had the suspicion that'd be the way ;)

> You may want to alter your patches as such.

So somebody got some hints on how to proceed? Shall I submit a patch for
adding RELENG_7 to the vendor branch? What's then to come? Copy/merge from
freebsd/RELENG_7 to freebsd/current as with the Mesa update process and
afterwards copy/merge into haiku/trunk?

One of the commiters would have to do the latter steps anyways. Or is
there some kind of serialization for svn copy/merge operations for
latter application of these?

Thanks for any hints,
Michael