[haiku-development] Testing alpha3 software and outside Dependancy's.

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 13:04:30 +0000

I have started auditing haikuware, Bebits and a few other sites are next. I am leaving notifications on applications about wether they should or should not get a certification logo " currently just a idea" in each app to get the authors to make the apps minimally compliant. I am also testing the applications, frameworks etc.

Now I have 2 questions.

There is the discussion of the haiku logo program.

2 things that fall outside of this

1. QT framework.
2. SDL libs on haikuware.

Both work great, but they put things outside of the config and app directory. Namely for obvious reasons. Now with no package management my impression is that it is a good idea for each game to include its own copy of the required libs. the SDL package is 4mb. thats pretty bearable for download speed even on 56k.

Qt is a whole different animal. It requires a framework. Currently every application on www.qt-haiku.ru complies with the Logo guidelines proposal, with the exception of the framework. So would it be ok to just give the qt-haiku.ru project a flat haiku compatible logo ? they have alot of useful apps and theres a few on haikuware as well that are in the same situation.

anyways a bit of guidance here for the alpha3 would be great. I am going to try to get the outside 3rd party vendors to comply with your wishs regarding builds etc. So I could use some basic input as how to go from here.

 Sean