[haiku-development] Re: Subversion organization?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 04:05:20 -0800

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 6:56 AM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If we make use of this in Haiku and it fits in with the system, would
> you consider having Word Services added to the base Haiku install?

Yes, definitely.

One of my near-term goals is to provide a shared library with a stable
API that takes care of most of the work a client would need to do.  A
longer-term goal is to do the same for a server.

> Also as Ankur says localization (support of multiple languages at
> least) would be good too.

The original SDK didn't make any allowances for localization, but I
definitely want to enable it.

The client program (ie Word Processor) does a query to find attributes
that have the name of a particular service, such as "Check Spelling".
I think the main thing localization would require would be to provide
multiple attributes for each given service, with each one being the
translated name of a service.  There would also need to be a way to
indicate which language each service name was expressed in.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com