[haiku-development] Re: State of ppc

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 19:50:38 -0400

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2010-01-01 at 16:05:39 [+0100], Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> GNU binutils 2.20 are out - maybe some maintainer could try to update
>> the buildtools?
>
> I'm still hoping Joseph Prostko will resurface. :-)

Don't worry, Ingo.  I haven't drowned yet!  Updating binutils is part
of the plan.  I have been trying to follow the path of a regression
that directly affects us in GCC land, and I think it may be fixed in
trunk at the moment.  I guess I'll just have to disable some
optimizations to make things happy with respect to 4.4 though.  After
this holiday (in the US) weekend, I hope to spring into action.

- joe