[haiku-development] Re: State of ppc

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 19:34:21 +0100

Am 01.01.2010 um 19:12 schrieb François Revol:

Btw,
which qemu are you using ?

As indicated in my original message: ;)
today's QEMU git master and OpenBIOS SVN r654

To be exact, I'm mostly using my solaris branch from repo.or.cz on OpenSolaris/amd64, but i got the same results with my cocoa branch on OSX/ppc64 and with vanilla QEMU on Linux/amd64.

with git HEAD I always have:
*** Boot failure! No secondary bootloader specified ***

and must enter the boot command directly, seems OpenBIOS still has
issues parsing CHRP boot scripts...

Haven't seen that message for some time already. Are you sure you're on master branch of the main QEMU repository? Their OpenBIOS version r649 should be okay, too. If the problem remains, please inquire on the OpenBIOS list with details.

*** PANIC ***
out of page table entries! (you would think this could not happen in a
boot loader...)

That I get on a real G5.
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5164

Andreas